Search This Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

“Constructed” Images – building photographs and phodeos from parts

Some people ask me why my business is called “Constructed Images”? Why the word “constructed”?

Well, I think it works for me for 2 reasons actually:
  1. My method of making photographs and phodeos involves the assembling of many separate exposures into the final visual form, and
  2. I photograph architecture, so my market is the building industry; architects, interior designers, and builders. These people “construct” the structures where we live, work, and play. So that seemed like a good tie-in.

The process of “constructing” images from many different exposures creates a lot of options and freedom, to ultimately create an image that my clients envision. Many photographers work differently, to capture the image in one exposure. This is the artist coming out. And many/most purchasers of photographs want the “look” of that particular photographer. However, the purchaser is then stuck with that, with only some editing available to customize the image.

I build my photographs with as many as 25 different exposures, usually with varying lighting for each exposure. All these exposures are then blended together to make the final image. Because I have all these “pieces” to work with, the final image can vary quite a bit. And, by communicating with my clients, they can tell me what to change to make it look like what they want.

My phodeos are also built from different pieces or exposures. However, the “construction” process involves a patent-pending method to assemble the final video-like form. Again, the client can provide feedback as the phodeo is assembled, and we can customize the final product.

The intent of this process is to really give the client what he/she wants, with little compromise. After all, the customer experience is really what separates businesses. I want to provide a unique product and customer experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment